Community Carbon Management Program
Policymakers are responsible for decisions that
affect greenhouse gas
emissions. Cities, counties, regional agencies, educational institutions and regulated utilities are
striving to reduce the total "carbon footprint" in the communities
they serve. Often
initiatives stem from the desire to promote sustainability and prevent
global warming. Increasingly, agencies and utilities must act in order to
comply with regulatory mandates or to qualify for state and federal funding.
Personal Carbon Manager
provide the leading online application to engage individuals as a community in
the fight against climate change. The web-based carbon calculator and
social networking application is customizable to your city or organization in
terms of language, questions asked, emissions factors and metrics.
With unlimited scalability, the Zerofootprint Personal Carbon Manager (PCM)
enables citizens to measure, manage and track their carbon footprint, and
connect and collaborate with others who share similar environmental goals. Your
community can use the information gathered with the calculator to form green
initiatives and city-wide challenges. We configure links to a
green marketplace, events and news,
thereby promoting sustainable commerce. Cities such as Seattle, Boulder
and Toronto have chosen PCM.
We provide not just a tool, but a full program -- a comprehensive solution for
government, utilities and business. The program includes:
- Web-based Personal Carbon Manager customized for each city, university, utility or
- Social media & networking
- Outreach & marketing program including a customized edition of the
Greening Point Digital Video Magazine
- Linkage to client programs, green marketplace, carbon offsets or other
- Optional integration with customer utility records
- Communication channel between decision makers and community
- Youth and schools program including local curriculum content
Benefits for Policymakers
How do you define a community? Whether defined by a city, county,
regional government group, transit authority, water district, waste management
district or public utility, a community is made of people -- people connected
together according to location, policies and services. Our Community
Carbon Management Program lets you...
- Demonstrate leadership in one of the most critical issues of our time.
- Establish an innovative communication channel with residents and
- Assess the effect of current policies and develop a baseline to monitor
the impact of policy changes.
- Enhance community participation in achieving policy goals.
Benefits for Individuals
Your constituents can easily...
- Measure and manage their carbon footprint.
- Be empowered to view the aggregated footprint reduction of their
neighborhood, groups, or city.
- Track their progress over time.
- Benchmark their footprint against others in their community and in
other cities and countries around the world.
- Pledge and commit to taking actions to meet footprint reduction
- Simulate the environmental impact of achieving their goals.
- Link to other community members and create or join groups focused on
- Use a One Minute Calculator for a quick assessment of their
- Gain access to a marketplace of green products, services, events and
- Optionally purchase carbon offset credits to reduce their footprint.
The specific features and capabilities are configured based on what
would be most appropriate for your program.
Benefits for Business Enterprises
The Community Carbon Management Program can be used by commercial
organizations as part of employee and customer outreach programs promoting sustainability.
We can help communicate your environmental commitment and provide new opportunities
to increase your connection with customers and employees.
Take the Next Step
Action is critical as we move into a low carbon world. Greening Point is ready to serve you as
a full solutions integrator. To get started, please contact us today.